Kids will go nuts over these healthy Slumber Party Snacks

Healthy Slumber Party Snacks
Healthy Slumber Party Snacks

Did you partake in a lot of sleep overs when you were young? I sure did, and whether it was a party of two or a party of 10, whether we were just watching a movie or playing games and painting each other's nails, whether we actually slept or stayed up all night, there was always one constant - the junk food. We ate lots of junk food.  Mostly chips, popcorn, and sweets.   I don't remember ever eating anything healthy at a slumber party, but am positive that if I had been served one of these whimsical sleeping bag tortilla wraps filled with peanut butter and apples, I would have gobbled it up. 

When I came up with this recipe idea, I didn't really go at it thinking I'd develop a healthy snack that would be great to serve at a slumber party. As you might know by now, my recipes don't really lean to the healthy side very often.  I just had an image in my mind of a sleeping bag with a head popping out and decided that a wrap made a perfect sleeping bag and a round slice of apple made a great head. I like peanut butter and apple so I chose to fill my wrap with peanut butter and apple slices, but there are other flavor combinations you or your kids may prefer like turkey, cheese, and pear, or maybe ham, cheese, and apple, or cream cheese and a peach, or any combination of the above.